Volunteer for 2019 Festival
We are looking for new volunteer helpers for the 2019 Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival to join our outstanding volunteer team.
As part of the volunteer team you will be provided with a Volunteers handbook, a festival branded t-shirt, and a festival pass to attend our concerts where available.
We require all concert volunteers to be 18 years of age or over and to be available for at least four 4 hour shifts
To apply, please email us - with volunteer in the message line.
Please send us a short description of who you are and why you'd like to work for #EJBF18 along with your availability during the festival and we will be in touch in early June.
Working to our team of Venue Managers, tasks include:
• Providing information about the festival and the programme to the public
• Providing information about the area surrounding the venue you are in (where is a cash point, toilet etc.)
• Assisting with selling concert tickets and merchandise
• Stewarding and collecting tickets
• Audience liaison (including gathering feedback)
• Ensuring that the venues are kept clean and tidy at all times
• Handing out flyers in city centre locations
• Topping up brochure bins
• Running errands as needed for festival staff
• Artist liaison: greeting and informing arriving artists, helping them unload, taking them to the car park, showing them around
Working in our Technical department, tasks include:
• Assisting stage manager, lighting and sound engineer with various tasks in setting up the stage for performances and clearing it after acts
• Helping artists with instruments, sound checking and lighting focusing
• Setting and resetting auditorium spaces
• Loading and unloading backline equipment
• Keeping backstage area tidy
Working as a volunteer Driver, tasks include:
• Driving artists to and from airport / accommodation / venue
• Driving staff or other guests
• Picking up / delivering things such as instruments or equipment
• We ask volunteers be available for as much of the festival as possible with a minimum commitment of four shifts.
You need to be over 25 and have a full clean UK driving licence.
Working as a volunteer photographer, tasks include:
• Taking pictures of selected shows and artists during the festival
• Capturing images of the Carnival and Mardi Gras events
• Taking shots around the venues and of the general atmosphere of the festival
• Volunteers must have their own camera
TAKE PART IN THE CARNIVAL
Participate in the Carnival parade by wearing a costume or being a steward and have one of the most exhilarating experiences.
For more details and to apply for a position, please email Emma Picken.
Supported by City of Edinburgh Council, Edinburgh Chinese Art and Culture Community. Foreign Affairs and Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of Fengtai District People's Government of Beijing Municipality.