Creative Internship Opportunity (full text) 05 Mar 2013
Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival – Creative Internship Opportunity
Arts and Creative Industries Graduate Internships are open to people aged 24 or younger, who are unemployed and hold an HND/Degree or higher in a Creative Industries subject. To apply for an internship, please speak to your Jobcentre Plus advisor who can check your eligibility and give you a referral and application form.
Content Manager Internship: Job Description
Working to Fiona Alexander (Producer) and Gillian Henney (PR)
To help develop the Festival’s online prescence:
- To source and uploading artist resources such as photos, biographies, sound clips, videos, news items for the fetival’s website
- To take responsibility for feeding news items into the website, and social media.
- To develop some ideas for building traffic to the website and social media.
- To actively monitor all social media accounts, respond to and engage with "followers"
- To post to social media accounts regularly
To work alongsdie the volunteer co-ordinator to enhance the volunteer progamme and to develop a mechanic for maximising audience surveys.
To help with office management and other tasks.
Strong organisational capability with an ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
An ability to pay very close attention to detail.
A passion for music/the arts.
The internship is available for 13 weeks from 27th March.
Working 35 hours per week at £7 per hour (between 9.30am and 5.30pm in our office in Leith).
Closing date is Thursday 14th March with interviews being held on Wednesday 20th March.
For more details, please visit: http://www.scvo.net/home/creativeinterns.aspx